All Bluemethane wants for Christmas is…
1. A boost in climate finance: We are dreaming of a 10x increase in climate finance dedicated to methane abatement. Methane emissions contribute towards 30% of global warming, demanding robust action.
2. Active carbon markets: We’re wishing for carbon markets to actively embrace methane offsets, mirroring the enthusiasm seen for direct air capture.
3. An innovation grant: Bluemethane is eagerly waiting for a £1 million grant to propel our methane capture technology through two Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs).
4. Municipal collaboration: We’ll be seeking a handful of forward-thinking municipal wastewater companies to champion Bluemethane’s methane capture technology upon commercialisation.
5. Methane monitoring: Bluemethane is dreaming of advanced capabilities to measure dissolved methane levels across wastewater plants and reservoirs. Precision in detection is the key to effective management and mitigation of methane emissions.
6. Satellite detection of methane: We’re hoping for satellites equipped with the capability to detect methane emissions from water sources.
Here’s to making these wishes come true. Happy holidays!